Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Clear Away the Clutter Read-a-Thon

I have A LOT of books, most of which I have not read. I do not reread many books, and I get rid of most of the books that I have read. I recently made a list of the books that I have not read and I came up with over 200. I went a little crazy when I joined paperbackswap. I also buy books that I find on sale. My goal this year is to not buy any more books. I may have found a way around that a few times already. Like, for instance, my husband bought me a book he knew I really wanted for getting into grad school. He also bought me another book I wanted for Valentine's Day. So those don't count. Anyway, my big goal this year is to read and get rid of at least 100 books from my collection. So, when I found The Clear Away the Clutter read-a-thon at The Neverending Shelf, I knew that I had to join. This event takes place from April 5th to April 11th. I'm looking forward to getting some of my books read and also getting to know some people in the book blogging community.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining. This should be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea, I'm going to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun trying to keep to your goal. It does not work for me and yarn, let's see if it will work for you and books. ;)

    ReplyDelete