Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

More Brief Reviews

Precious (Push Movie Tie-in Edition) (Vintage Contemporaries)
Precious (Push Movie Tie-in Edition) (Vintage Contemporaries)
While disturbing to read, this was really good.  I thought it was inspiring how Precious tried so hard to turn her life around.  I had a little bit of a hard time reading it, both because of the content and because of the way it was written.  A quick read and very good.

The Shadow of the Wind
The Shadow of the Wind
I loved this book!  I really like how the whole story revolved around a book.  Highly recommended and I can't wait to read this author's other work.

Spent: Memoirs of a Shopping Addict
Spent: Memoirs of a Shopping Addict
Won this from a giveaway.  About a real life shopaholic, and how she turned her life around.  Not the greatest writing, but a pretty good book.

 The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson & the Olympians, Book 5)
The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson & the Olympians, Book 5)
From the library.  The last book of the Percy Jackson series.  Not the best of the series, but still good.  I didn't really like the way he wrapped up the series, but still enjoyable.

The Giver
The Giver
From the library.  I had not read this book, because I was a little older when it was published.  I really liked this book and was sad that I might have overlooked it.  I can't believe this book was banned! Quick and enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment