Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Review: Sh*t My Dad Says

Sh*t My Dad SaysSh*t My Dad Says

I have been following this twitter feed for quite awhile, and I absolutely love it.  The dad is so funny, and most of what he says is totally true.  I was really excited when I found out that a book was coming out, and even more so for the tv show.  I bought this book to give to my father in law because he sounds just like the dad, except with less cursing and more southernness (I don't think that's a word, but it describes him).  Anyway, I really liked this book.  I don't think I stopped laughing the whole time I read it.  In between chapters telling the story there are some quotes like what are on the twitter feed.  Here are some of my favorites:
On Getting a dog:
"Who's going to take care of it? You?...Son, you came in the house yesterday with shit on your hands.  Human shit.  I don't know how that happened, but if someone has shit on their hands, it's an indicator that maybe the whole responsibility thing isn't for them."

"Hot damn! You're a smart kid- I don't care what other people say about you!.. I'm kidding, nobody says you're not smart. They say other stuff, but not that."

"The baby will talk when he talks, relax.  It ain't like he knows the cure for cancer and just ain't spitting it out."

The quotes were my favorite part of the book, but I enjoyed the story too.  It was nice to see that the dad was a real person with feelings (sometimes).  It was a nice story about a father-son relationship.  If you don't mind profanity (a lot of it), then you should definitely read this book.

1 comment:

  1. I've also been following this guy on Twitter and laughing out loud while I read the quotes (the baby talking one is one of my favorites). I saw this book but didn't really pay attention to it because I figured it was just a collection of quotes and I can get that online for free. Maybe I should check this out!

    ReplyDelete