Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish resolutions



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's question:  Top Ten Bookish Resolutions.

1. Read the books I have owned for more than a month before more recently acquired books.  I am going to try to make myself read 2 or 3 older books before I can read a newer book.
2. Use the library more.  I am used to not having a decent library around, so I haven't used a library in quite a while.  Kind of ironic, since I am going to library school.  The library where I am volunteering on weekends has a good selection of new books I want to read.
3.  Review most of the books I read and within a few days of finishing. I am not going to say all because I will never keep that resolution.
4. Read at least 100 books this year.  Last year I read 200, but I had a lot of free time that I will not have this year.
5.  Read books I own that are larger.  I have a habit of not reading the "big" books I have, simply because of their length.
6. Try not to buy so many books.  I am going to try to keep track of how many I buy and how much I spend.
7. It's okay to not finish a book.  If I am just not enjoying a book, I give myself permission to stop reading it.  There are too many good books to read ones that I am not enjoying.
8. Cut down my Google Reader.  I have so many blogs on there that it takes me forever to get through them all.  If I don't really like a blog, I am going to delete them.
9.  Comment on more blogs.  I read a lot of blogs, but I rarely comment on them.  I want to make more connections with other bloggers.
10.  Try to cultivate relationships with publishers. 

1 comment:

  1. I work at our local library so I'm all in favor of #2!!
    I also have a guilt factor when I don't finish a book...need to get over that.
    Great goals -- here is my list:
    http://www.gerberadaisydiaries.com/2011/01/top-ten-tuesdays-reading-resolutions.html

    ReplyDelete